This the first set of releases after move of the ScalaFX project to GitHub. Here are changes common to all releases:
- Refactored Color name constants to conform to Scala conventions.
Now we have, for instance,
Color.Blueinstead of Java-like
Color.BLUE. The old constants are deprecated and will be removed in a feature release.
- Fixed issue 124.
JFXAppnow buffers all subclass construction/initialization code and executes it during application startup. (Previously, JFXApp didn’t fully implement the semantics of the
scala.DelayedInittrait: it only buffered the construction code of the leaf sub-class (typically, the user’s application object).
- Resolved Issue 126:
Platform.runLateraccepts closures with any return types.
- Resolved Issue 125: Eliminate need for setting
JAVA_HOME. It was used to point to location of JavaFX binaries. The binaries are now automatically located in the running JVM.
- Upgrade to latest version of Scala (2.10.4 and 2.11.1).
- Adjustments to the
Durationclass so that
javafx.util.Durationinstances are consistently wrapped within
- Added an auxiliary constructor to the
- Update to the
KeyFrame.timemethod to wrap the retrieved
- Added missing constructors to the
scalafx-hello-worldsub-project to separate repo.
ScalaFX 1.0.0 version changed to follow JavaFX it supports (last tested), currently 2.2.60. All changes mentioned above. Binaries are released for Scala 2.9.3, 2.10, and 2.11.
Tested with Java 1.8.0 u5 (JavaFX 8.0.5). Binaries are released for Scala 2.10, and 2.11. All changes mentioned above plus:
- Adjusted all Scaladoc entries so that they now link to JavaFX 8 API pages.
- Added new ScalaFX wrappers for the JavaFX classes
- Made the
ButtonBaseclass abstract (as the wrapped JavaFX
ButtonBaseclass is itself abstract).
- Added ScalaFX wrappers for JFX8 classes
- Added missing methods to the
Trackclass. Deprecated the
- Added wrapper for
- Added wrappers for classes in
For downloads visit ScalaFX on Sonatype.